Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Sephora: Disney Jasmine collection review (perfume)

It's spring so it's time for a new limited edition Disney princess inspired line by Sephora!  Sephora and Disney are working together to make cosmetic lines inspired by the Disney princesses and what's in right now is Princess Jasmine.  Last fall, it was Cinderella so I wonder how many of these are there going to be?  (I hope they do my most favorite character, Megara but they probably won't *sniff*)  The line includes a perfumed body shimmer, eyeliner set, perfume oil rollerball, eyeshadow pallet, mini eyeshadow pallet, compact mirror, and perfume.

I bought the perfume online through the Sephora website on a blind jump.  The notes sounded nice and Jasmine is one of my favorite characters so I went, "Why not?" and bought it.

(The bottle)

(Front of the box)

(Side of the box)


The fragrance is named "A Whole New World."  The perfume bottle itself is pretty small.  It only comes in one size which is 1.7oz and costs $58.  Pretty pricey... this is the amount of money I pay for a designer fragrance in a larger size.  That struck me as kinda odd but meh.  The perfumes notes are: Carnation, Orange Blossom, Mandarin, Gardenia, Mimosa, Musky Accord, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Amber, Benzoin.

I thought this would have a fresher scent since it's almost nothing but flowers.  It's better for special evening occasions rather than daytime wear.  My opinion?  I do not like it!  This is the first time I've ever bought a perfume this expensive on a blind buy and regret it.  The smell is kinda strong, not something I imagined Princess Jasmine to smell like.  The "spicy" and wood notes just plain stink.  It's not an overpowering stink, but it still stinks.  It really doesn't smell that exotic to me... nothing I'd imagine an Arabian princess to smell like.  Don't get me wrong, it's not a terrible scent but I just don't feel like a princess while wearing it.  Thankfully, Sephora gave me free shipping on this purchase and it was free to ship it back.  It was returned.

Final rating: 3/5, average

No comments:

Post a Comment